Building Insurance


Love Living Homes is the trading arm of Town and Country Housing.

While you arrange your own contents insurance, Town and Country Housing is responsible for taking out the building insurance for leasehold and shared ownership properties (unless TCH is not the freeholder).

This makes sure that yours and our investment in your home is secure and that you have enough insurance cover to repair, or even rebuild, your home should something happen to it.

Your insurance is covered in your service charge.

Policy Details

Schedule Policy Number JHA-22S529-0013
Policyholder Town and Country Housing and/or associated companies and subsidiaries
Period of Insurance 30 July 2023 to 29 July 2024
Insured Premises Housing Properties - leasehold/shared ownership
Excess £350 excess in respect of each and every loss increasing to £500 for escape of water from any tank and £1,000 for subsidence.

How do I make a claim?

If you need to make a claim, please go directly to the insurance company.


T: 0800 028 0336


For more information about making a property claim and to see their claims guides, please visit

During your claim they may ask you for some or all of the following (Please have these available as you cannot save and return to your claim later once it has started):

  • Your policy number (as above)
  • The full address of the affected property
  • A description of what happened
  • A list of damaged items and the cost of them when new
  • A crime reference number for theft and malicious damage claims
  • Any supporting documentation you have available

If you cannot answer a question or an available option does not exactly fit your circumstances, please select or input the closest option to the best of your knowledge and there will be an opportunity to provide further detail in the free text box at the end of the application form.