Below outlines the standards we aim to deliver throughout your journey to your new home and long after you have moved in.
Defects in New Build Homes
If you move into a brand-new property, or one that has been completely refurbished, repairs to your home may be covered by a guarantee. This guarantee lasts for 12 months and is known as the defects period. The defects period starts from the date we accepted the property from the builder, not from the date you moved in.
If any work is required to your home during the defects period, we will always:
- Inform you if your property is under guarantee, and if so, inform you which builder will be responsible for completing the repairs
- Ask the original builder to complete and resolve this for you as quickly as possible
- The builder may want to repair small defects, such as plaster cracks, at the end of the defect period, or repair all affected homes at the same time, so we can’t offer you an appointment date when you contact us to report any defects - the builder will contact you direct to confirm the appointment details
See here for more information on what a defect is
Maintaining your Home
The repair and maintenance of your home is as important to us as it is to you. Your home should feel well-maintained and safe.
For Leasehold and Shared Owners homes we will:
- If you bought a shared ownership home from 2021, your lease may include an initial repair period. See here for more information.
- Provide and maintain communal areas such as hallways, lifts, and door entry systems to a high standard
- Deliver a prompt and efficient communal repairs service
- Provide a variety of ways to easily report a communal repair, including being able to request an emergency repair by phone at any time, every day of the year
- Explain whether the repair work is our responsibility or yours
- Consult you about any planned improvements which affect your home and give you clear timescales and costs for these planned works
Resolving any complaints
It is so important to us that we always give you the highest level of customer service possible. If you ever feel we’ve fallen short of this, please let us know. We’d love to work with you to put things right and we will always use these as learnings to help us shape and improve our services in the future.
Once you have sent us a complaint we will:
- Acknowledge your complaint within 2 working days of receipt
- Aim to resolve all complaints within 10 working days from when we have received it
- If in some instances where resolving your complaint might take longer, we will always agree a timescale with you to set expectations
Please note – service complaints are issues with the services we provide. A problem such as a dispute between neighbours is not considered a complaint. For more information on our complaints procedure please click here.
We are committed to meeting these standards, and always welcome your feedback to help us monitor what we can do in the future to improve.