Feedback & Complaints

Frequently Asked Questions

We are committed to providing you with an excellent standard of service but acknowledge that things can go wrong from time to time. If this happens, we want to put things right as soon as possible. We will use what you tell us to shape our services and make things better for everyone in the future:

  • If you are an existing Shared Owner, or rent with us you can make your complaint via the Town and Country Housing website
  • If you have purchased a new build property with us through outright sale, please click here 

Please let us know if you need help to make your complaint, or you can also contact the local Citizens Advice Bureau. To find your local Citizens Advice Bureau call 020 7833 2181 or visit citizens

Stage 1

After you have submitted your complaint to us, it will be allocated to a member of staff who will contact you within 48 hours to talk about your complaint and understand the problem.

We aim to resolve your complaint within 10 working days, but the investigation may take longer and we will agree a timescale with you.

Stage 2

If you are dissatisfied with our response at Stage 1, you can request that your complaint is moved to Stage 2. If you would like to do this, please do so within 10 working days of receiving our last response, so that we know you are still dissatisfied. If we do not hear from you within 10 days the complaint will be closed.

Your request will then be considered to see if it meets the criteria to be moved to Stage 2. If it doesn’t, you will be notified in writing of the reasons why it doesn’t.

If your complaint is escalated to stage 2 the case will be allocated to a Senior Manager to investigate who will contact you within 48 hours.

We also aim to resolve your complaint within 10 working days, but the investigation may take longer and we will agree a timescale with you.


The Housing Ombudsman Service is set up by law to look at complaints about housing organisations that are registered with them. 

If after you have completed both stage 1 and stage 2 of our complaints process, and you're unhappy with the outcome of your complaint, then you can contact the Ombudsman directly. Please note, you must wait 8 weeks after your complaint has completed in order to do this. 

The Housing Ombudsman contact details:

The Housing Ombudsman published a Complaint Handling Code in July 2020, setting out good practice that will allow landlords to respond to complaints effectively and fairly. We are continually assessing our complaints process to make sure it’s clear, simple and accessible and helps us to resolve complaints promptly, politely and fairly.

If you have any questions or comments about our complaints process please contact us.


You can request that your complaint is considered by a designated person. Councillors and MPs are designated people. Their role is to assist in resolving complaints.

Whilst you can refer your complaint to an MP or councillor at any stage of our complaints process, their role as a designated person would ‘switch on’ once our complaints process has been exhausted.

For councillor contact details please call your local council. For MPs please contact the House of Commons Information office either by:

We can also recognise a tenant panel as designated for considering complaints.

If you have received an excellent service and would like to compliment a member of staff or a team, we would really like to know too. Please share your experience with us – we love to hear about them!

To provide us with feedback or for further information please contact us here.

Love Living Homes
Got a different question or want to find out more?
Contact us today...